Keto Burgers/ Tava burgers is one of my heavenly creations.
I am sure you saw the image and began to drool ? Oh, I know it ! I really imagined you saying “Oh yess” like the guy from Tasty-Buzzfeed 😛
Before starting even to talk about the recipe, I want to assure you that this will be a guilt-free treat. So, don’t hesitate thinking this will be saved for your Sundays or a slightly high calorie-surplus day !
Tava-essentially means -A metal cast iron. Why is this related to the burgers ? When you go to any Indian restaurant, and it has a ‘Tava something’ on the menu, that means it essentially uses an iron skillet. The tava recipes comprise of thick gravies prepared in onions, garlic and other rich Indian spices and given a toasted-grilled-charred feel to the dish ! In the recipe, We just use this for toasting our burgers on the tava at the last step and also make the stuffing of the burger on tava !
Why do you need to make these Tava burgers ?
- These are 2.2g net carbs per burger with 21g of fats . Say whaaaaat ?!
- The buns include eggs but are not eggy . Yaaaassss !
- The stuffing is vegetarian giving you a break from Chicken and meat 🙂
- Guilt-free, hence proved !
About the recipe..
The Keto burgers/ Tava burgers recipe is divided into 3 parts-
- Making those perfect buns ! (Sings My buns…my buns. my buns, my buns of Black Eyed peas in the background. I am sure she said buns)
- Spice paste
So, enough jibber jabber ?! Let’s go !
I suggest you go through the ingredients list first and have all of them in hand before you make them 🙂
Separate macros for burgers and the stuffing: